Britney shared with me that this month The Quiet Place would be focusing on love. I was reminded of how I often struggle with knowing how much God dearly loves me. No matter what, my worth and value are defined in Christ. Because this is something that I struggle with, in the fall I created an encouragement board full of verses reaffirming God's love for me.
- Know that the Lord is God. It is he who made us, and we are his; we are his people, the sheep of his pasture. - Psalm 100:3
- But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God’s special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light. - Peter 2:9
- And you also were included in Christ when you heard the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation. When you believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit... - Ephesians 1:13
- Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. - Colossians 3:12
- I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. - Psalm 139:14
- You are altogether beautiful, my love; there is no flaw in you. - Song of Solomon 4:7 (my favorite!)
- But the Lord said to Samuel, “Do not look on his appearance or on the height of his stature, because I have rejected him. For the Lord sees not as man sees: man looks on the outward appearance, but the Lord looks on the heart.” - 1 Samuel 16:7
- See what kind of love the Father has given to us, that we should be called children of God; and so we are. The reason why the world does not know us is that it did not know him. - 1 John 3:1
- Fear not, therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows. - Matthew 10:31
Creating an encouragement board is so helpful because it constantly reminds me of God's love for me. He is always reminding me of his promises through his word and reaffirming me of how valuable I am to him. What are some encouraging verses that remind you of God's love for you?