- Start with Thankfulness: First list reasons you are thankful for the Father, then the Son, then the Holy Spirit, then Angels then your church, then your pastor, then the local churches, then the Word of God, then your family.
- Next is a prayer of submission (Think Living Sacrifice)
- After that pray over your mind and thoughts, for protection, removal of distractions, that our minds would be filled with Heavenly Things and set upon Christ.
- Next Pray over your ears. That they would be in tune with the spirit, that what enters them would be good and Holy.
- Then your Eyes. That they would resist evil and temptation, that when you read scripture passages would jump out at you.
- Then you Lips: that they would speak blessing and not curses. That they would be full of grace seasoned with salt, that they would speak the truth in love.
- Then pray over yourself the Armor of God (Read Ephesians 6)
- Next is the prayer of self-examination. Ask God to examine your heart and show you anything you need to confess, change, or forgive. ***Note: be willing to forgive before you ask God for forgiveness.
- Pray that any accusations the enemy makes would not stick to you.
- Then express love to God in prayer.
- Then pray for your family, Ask God to show you what is going on in your family, Declare the truths of Scripture over them. ***Note: Google scripture of protection & Blessing.
- Pray for your spouse or future spouse.
- After you pray you can take a moment to digest what God has spoken to you today. Sometimes he is quiet but know that even when he is quiet he is with you and loves you.
- Don't just chase feelings when you pray
- Be Present: Praying out loud helps you to stay focused.
- Doubt: puts bugspray on everything you just prepared, it steals your effectiveness. (Think The Office episode were Dwight Bug-sprayed all the food.)
- How can I help not to doubt?
- Doubt is a product of your heart.
- Faith Comes by Hearing the Word
- You Don't have to understand the seed in order for the seed to grow.
- Read & MEMORIZE the word.
- Note: Identify your biggest doubt and google scriptures that silence it. Post them up memorize them. Stay with it for at least a week.
- Note: God will never speak to you in a way that doesn't require Faith.
- Pray for Wisdom, Knowledge, Understanding, and Discernment.
I hope this information is as helpful to you as it is to me!